Wednesday 7 March 2007

Can Pilates help me lose weight?

Hi,

Pilates is not an exercise system designed for quick weight loss. Which I don’t agree with anyway. Sorry about that; shoot me. An average Beginner Pilates class lasting one hour will typically burn as many calories as walking for the same time - approximately 240 Calories. Not too shabby I’m sure you’ll agree, but if you compare it with an hour on the cross trainer which will burn 500-600 Calories you can see Pilates doesn’t even come close. So to answer the question “Will Pilates help me lose weight?” the answer is yes, but only in conjunction with a cardio and strength training programme. However, when you put these three factors together, then the results are gang-busting!

All the best,

Carol

Technorati Tags: , ,, , , , ,