Tuesday 13 March 2007

Why don't more men do Pilates?

Hi,

I see very few men in my Pilates classes (apart from my husband), and most of those don't stick with it for more than a few sessions. This is a pity because men are generally less flexible than women and the types of training they do (weight training and things like manic running and cycling...men don't do things by halves!) also tend to leave them with tight muscles. And they don't stretch. Bad boys! I think they feel that Pilates is only for "girlies" and real men don't need it....
I and the New Zealand rugby team would beg to differ. Try telling them it's exercise for girls!
Tip: Wear full body armour when you do so...:)

All the best,

Carol

Health: Pilates-Life Style-Driving-TimesOnline

Think you’re too macho for Pilates? Tell that to the New Zealand All Blacks, who use these apparently gentle stretching techniques as part of their basic fitness programme.

Technorati Tags: , , ,