Wednesday 21 April 2010

DogPedic - You Will Never Guess

I know this isn't strictly Pilates related but seeing as I found it while searching for other orthopaedic type stuff and I found it very amusing I thought I'd related to you.

Basically it's a memory foam orthopaedic mattress for guess who, dogs. Yes that's right a mattress for dogs but not just any mattress apparently this will help any dog who suffers from arthritis, hip dysplasia and any other joint disorder.

When you consider how expensive these mattresses are from humans it seems unfair that a dog can get a mattress of this quality for less than $40. If I was to go and purchase one it would cost me a lot more than that. I must admit I was tempted to buy a couple and sleep on them myself.

I suppose these days when we treat our dogs better than we do ourselves it is hardly surprising that a whole industry has been created to pander to the needs of our pets. Mind you once I stopped laughing who knows maybe it good idea. After all it is fully washable, has a nonslip base and a waterproof cover. It's easily portable and least you always know where your pet is after all if I had a mattress like this I know where I'd be most of the time :)

So if you want to have a good laugh or maybe even by one take a look at this DogPedic Reviews page.